Saturday 12 January 2008

Seven from '07: Two


CSS: Let’s make love and listen to death from above

Re-release: 14th May
Album: Cansei de Ser Sexy (Sub Pop)


"Run run run, to make your heart shake, Kiss kiss kiss will make this earth quake"

There is something really irresistable about this song. Again, it is a guitar-based song with something funky and dancy about it. CSS are from Brazil - maybe it is that mysticism of sexy Brazilians that does it (although I cannot say that any of the band members float my boat). I quite like the (obviously low-budget) video, but I think it is just the insistence of the singing, the lyrics (which, at times, are nonsense, and in other places seem profound), and the fact that song chugs along without getting boring. It's bouncy, and I like it!



Click here to see the band play live on Later ... with Jools Holland - having just watched this, I realise what a close call it was between the number 2 and number 1 slots in this particular countdown...

No comments: